Home
Features
Rates
Ken's Story
Facts
Points of Interest
Local Medical Resources
Photos
Testimonials
Contact Us
Lease Agreement

Facts About Perryville

 

Perryville is the county seat of Perry County, Arkansas.  It is located a few miles west of the geographic center of the state.  A population of about 1,400 preserves the atmosphere of rural life, but is near the services and cultural attractions of larger metropolitan areas such as Little Rock, the capital city, or Conway, an educational center.

 

Within the city limits are county, state and municipal offices.  Professional offices and businesses include The Perry County Bank, two health clinics, optometrist office, dentist office, two pharmacies, a grocery store, restaurants, quick-shop, hardware stores, a lumber yard and several craft and specialty stores.  Larger shopping centers are located in Morrilton, 15 miles north, and Conway, 20 miles east.  Little Rock is 40 miles southeast and is rapidly expanding in this direction.

 

Within 25 minutes of Perryville are four public lakes and the Arkansas River, which provide excellent fishing.  There are thousands of acres of timberland that offer good deer, turkey and small game hunting.  The Fourche River offers river fishing and flows through the southern edge of Perryville.  Harris Brake Lake (1,300 ac.) is a wooded lake two miles from the city limits. 

 

Harris Brake Lake

This man-made lake is a quiet fishing lake.  There is a public dock just a short walk from the house.  Boats can only have small motors that won’t produce a wake.  At 1,300 acres, Harris Brake Lake is the third largest lake owned by the Arkansas Game and Fish Commission.  Built in 1955 it is one of the largest ever built by a state wildlife agency.   Public facilities include four concrete and two gravel boat ramps, two lakeside bait shops that provide boat and motor rentals and fishing supplies.  Harris Brake is well known for its bluegill, channel catfish, crappie, hybrid striped bass, largemouth bass and red ear sunfish among others.